HIMOINSA increases its sales in Asia-Pacific and grows in market share

Asia-Pacific is currently the company's third strongest market and is expected to account for 30% of total company sales in the next three years.



In recent years HIMOINSA's market share in Asia-Pacific has increased by leaps and bounds. Up until 2012, sales in this region accounted for less than 10% of the company's sales worldwide. However, by the end of 2014 this figure increased to 16.54%. This percentage is expected to increase substantially in 2015 due to the high demand in the Chinese market, among other factors. 

Asia-Pacific is currently the company's third strongest market and is expected to account for 30% of total company sales in the next three years.

Among other reasons, this growth is due to the structure of the distribution network that the company has established in Asia-Pacific. This network has brought the product closer to the client and offers services that adapt to the needs of each country. The company's sales subsidiary in Singapore and its production centre in China ensure an immediate response for the distribution network, shorten delivery times and guarantee high-quality technical and sales support.




“50% of the global gas generator set market is located in Asia-Pacific, where growth is expected to reach 7.5% in the next ten years, as stated in a recent report by Frost&Sullivan”.


Over several days, 27 companies from 13 different countries that distribute HIMOINSA products in Asia-Pacific attended the 2nd Convention of APAC Distributors, that was held in Lago di Como, Italy. This meeting made it possible for the representatives of the distribution network to learn about this market's growth expectations in detail. As stated in several reports, the generator set market in Asia-Pacific is expected to reach sales of 3.4 billion dollars in 2016. Approximately 82% of units sold will be diesel generators and the remaining 18% will be gas units.

During the convention, Manuel Aguilera, Gas Product Manager at HIMOINSA, highlighted that “50% of the global gas generator set market is located in Asia-Pacific, where growth is expected to reach 7.5% in the next ten years, as stated in a recent report by Frost&Sullivan”. During the conference day, HIMOINSA distributors were presented with the company's range of gas generators, supplied by natural gas, LPG or biogas and with power ranging from 8 to 1500 kW.

The HIMOINSA sales network in Asia-Pacific learned the details of the energy solutions developed by the company for the telecommunications sector. Manuel Sánchez Bada, Engineering Director, presented the HPS (Hybrid Power Solution) series. “The HPS 1500DCV and HPS 3000DCV units are hybrid generator sets with a variable speed engine that guarantees fuel consumption savings of 40% compared to a standard generator set and 20% when compared with other fixed speed, hybrid gensets currently available on the market”, he stated, while adding that this energy solution can increase maintenance periods up to 1,000 hours.

Massimo Brotto, Business Development Manager, spoke of the development of special projects, among which he mentioned the recent delivery of 12 HMW-2555 T5 generator sets equipped with a remote cooling system powered by vertical radiators that run on standby for the data centre of the Alibaba Group, the largest online sales portal in Asia-Pacific.


Special proyects in Asia-Pacific

HIMOINSA has a Subsidiary in Singapore and a Production Center in China.



AlibabaGroup Data Center 12 x HMW-2555 T5. 

MTU 20V4000G23 Engine HM500B3 Alternator Plate heat exchanger

Circuit Lane (Philippines) 2 x HTW-1215 T6. 

Parallel operation EasyGen 3200

Edificio Vista Hub (Filipinas) 4 x HTW-1825 T6. 

Parallel operation, stand-by.

Delta Project          (Taiwán)     2 x HTW-810 T6. 

Parallel operation. Heat exchanger cooling system.




FRANCISCO GRACIA 

Executive Director

“Asia-Pacific has become the company's third largest market and is expected to account for 30% of the Group's total sales within three years."


MARCO PERILLO 

General Manager at HIMOINSA Far East

“Our distribution network in Asia-Pacific covers more than 20 countries. This enables us to provide our end clients with a service that is both close-at-hand and high quality.”


JUN TAKASHIMA

Deputy General Manager, Corporate Strategy Division

“We have no doubts about the multiple synergies and opportunities for growth that the alliance between HIMOINSA and Yanmar has made available.”