New HIMOINSA gas generator sets with efficient natural gas, LPG and biogas engines
Generators with a wide range of power outputs from 20 kW to 3.5 MW, powered by environmentally friendly fuels with well-known engine brands ensuring lower noise levels, less vibrations and reduction in the cost of maintenance and operation.
Multinational energy company HIMOINSA introduces the ‘HG' Gas Generators to the market. With a wide range of power outputs, from 20kW to 3.5MW powered by different fuels, natural gas, LPG and biogas, HIMOINSA generator sets are aimed at the international market, and can guarantee reduced levels of noise, vibrations and pollutants, and lower maintenance and operation costs.
In order to satisfy ever-increasing demand, HIMOINSA has designed a complete family of generators composed of three different ranges; Natural Gas 'HGNG', LPG 'HGLPG' and Biogas 'HGBIO', all consisting of various series and models.
The HIMOINSA generator sets fuelled by natural gas are divided into five series, composed of several models, at 50Hz and 60Hz, total power ranges from 25 to 1456 kW. This fuel becomes a star option, as it is a product that is available in much of the world, it is environmentally friendly, economical, safe and has a low and stable price.
Whether in standalone applications or parallel network configuration, industry is a major consumer of HIMOINSA's gas units thanks to the savings and independence from electricity rates they provide. Moreover, in countries with a poor power supply they are necessary to ensure that your business never stops operating. Indeed, HIMOINSA gas generators are widely used in the oil and gas sector, whether it be power generation for wellhead operations or auxiliary support services.
- The HGP/Natural Gas - PSI series consists of five models at 50Hz and five at 60Hz, with power ranging from 20 kW to 92 kW. Up to nine models, six at 50Hz and three at 60Hz constitute the HGE/Natural Gas-TEDOM series, featuring generator sets from 72 kW to 176 kW.
- The HGD / Natural Gas- DOOSAN series consists of ten models, at 50 and 60Hz covering a range of power outputs from 112kW to 352kW. Up to 16 models integrate the HGK/Natural Gas- WAUKESHA series with power ranging from 216 kW to 800 kW.
- The HGT/ Natural Gas-MITSUBISHI series incorporates models with power ranging from 280 kW to 1456 kW.
Its versatility allows fuel storage in tanks, which facilitates use in remote locations or those where natural gas is not present. It is also used in places where diesel does not have the sufficient quality or is liable to theft. It is also a brilliant solution for protected areas where an oil spill can become a major environmental problem.
As such, the aquaculture, fish farming, residential and telecommunications sectors have become major sources of demand for these types of generators.
Up to 29 models divided into four different series, with PSI, NGE, WAUKESHA and TEDOM engines, make up the range of LPG powered gas generators, the power ranges from 20kW to 504 kW. There are four series incorporating this range:
- The HGP/LPG-PSI series features four models at 50Hz and four at 60Hz with power ranging from 20-84 kW. Manuel Aguilera, Gas Product Manager at HIMOINSA, ensures that the PSI engine responds to load impacts of 100%, "one of the main reasons why we have incorporated this engine into our range of gas generators”.
- The HGE/LPG -TEDOM series offers generators with power ranging from 80-120 kW. Four models at 50Hz and three at 60Hz with an engine characterised by its high performance in terms of efficiency with record levels of durability.
- In addition to these we have the HHGG/LPG-NGE series, incorporating models with power output ranging from 56 to 296 kW.
- The LPG series driven by a Waukesha engine can operate with low-quality fuels, for those moments when it is not possible to obtain high-quality fuel, without it damaging the smooth operation of the generator set. The HGK/LPG-WAUKESHA series features eight models, providing higher power output which reaches up to 500 kW.
- With two power levels available of 40 and 60 KVA and over 24 hours of autonomy, LPG rental equipment is in high demand for events in cities, where the requirements of low noise levels and fume emissions favour the rental of this type of equipment.
Biogas is 100% renewable and does not contribute to global warming. Governments are beginning to legislate to force the use of methane gas which is produced by decomposition in landfills and sewage treatment plants, as it is highly detrimental to global warming and is now burned in torches.
In full compliance with government regulations, HIMOINSA has launched the HGE/BIOGAS-TEDOM and the HGN/BIOGAS-MAN series. Eighteen models of biogas powered generators, with power ranging from 76-520 kW.
Sectors such as agriculture and livestock; treatment plants and landfills are increasingly demanding these types of generators. Animal and vegetable waste is an uninterrupted energy source if treated in biogas plants, where the methane generated powers the HIMOINSA generator set.
Gas power generation
The expected growth in demand for gas-fired power generation between 2013 and 2019 is 10%, according to recent studies provided by Frost & Sullivan. Within this scenario, the industrial sector has become one of the main sources of demand for gas generator sets. In 2012, 60% of the sales of these generators was made by the industrial sector, corresponding to 20% by the residential sector.Although in recent years the main growth in demand for gas-fired power generation has been in the US and Europe, markets such as Russia, Turkey, UAE, Singapore, Ecuador and South Africa, are experiencing a significant increase and are importing more and more gas generator sets.
HIMOINSA, which has an established 30-year track record in the field of power generation, incorporated the manufacture of gas generator sets into its production process some time ago.
After a long period of testing and quality controls, the company now works on major gas power generation projects and has launched its entire ‘HG' family onto the market, respecting all the requirements established by international regulations in the area of emissions.
Well-known engine brands such as Doosan, Mitsubishi, Waukesha, Man, Tedom and PSI drive the HIMOINSA gas generator sets. Over two years they all were subjected to and passed the most stringent tests, conducted in order to ensure levels of efficiency, reliability and durability that meet factory standards.
HIMOINSA has chosen engines with low emissions and optional catalyst systems that comply with the local laws in each country. Engines that require lower maintenance, guaranteeing an uninterrupted power supply at an optimal cost: oil change intervals of up to 2,000 hours are just one example.
THE RANGE OF ENGINES USED IN THE HIMOINSA GAS GENERATOR SETS CAN BE USED BOTH IN APPLICATIONS WHERE A CONTINUOUS ENERGY SUPPLY IS NEEDED, AS WELL AS EMERGENCY APPLICATIONS WHERE A GAS GENSET ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR ADDITIONAL FUEL STORAGE. UNITS READY TO RESPOND IN 50 Hz or 60 Hz MARKETS AND WHICH MEET EMISSIONS STANDARDS AS RESTRICTIVE AS THE GERMAN TA-LUFT OR THE AMERICAN EPA.
Flexible multi-fuel solutions that enable automatic switching between natural gas, LPG and/or biogas according to the engines. Possibility of incorporating filters that allow the use of these engines in such demanding applications as Oil & Gas, in the case of natural gas, or landfills and sewage plants, in the case of biogas. These engines are equipped with electronic management systems which ensure minimal emissions and an optimal response to the more demanding load impacts, of up to 100%, with no significant drop in voltage or frequency.
HIMOINSA gas generators are equipped with controllers allowing stand-alone and parallel work. Any imaginable parallel configuration can be configured and managed. Load balancing, peak shaving, load base, etc., everything is perfectly controlled to ensure synchronized running of multiple generator sets operating in parallel.
HIMOINSA control panels are characterised by their flexible architecture, the incorporation of a multi-language graphic display and the quality of the components.
The gas train that himoinsa incorporates into its equipment is manufactured and certified by dungs, a renowned european manufacturer. This certificate constitutes a guarantee of the generator's compliance with the standards in the target country and total sealing of the fuel system.
Using double solenoid valves increases safety with respect to the use of single solenoid valves. Furthermore there is no need for external venting of the gap between two single solenoid valves, which simplifies and reduces costs for installation design. Moreover, the incorporation of the gas filter as standard prevents any element after it from becoming damaged by particles in the gas supply, especially the engine.
3. Regulator - primary pressure stabiliser
4. Double solenoid valve
5. Automatic safety system for checking solenoid valve tightness
6. Low pressure safety switch
HIMOINSA gas generator sets incorporate HM alternators that meet international requirements in the area of electrical performance and safety.
HIMOINSA ALTERNATORS HAVE AN ELECTRONIC VOLTAGE REGULATOR (AVR) WHICH IS DESIGNED TO EXCEED THE REQUIREMENTS ESTABLISHED BY THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET. THE SPECIAL RESIN COATING ALLOWS THEM TO OPERATE IN EXTREME ENVIRONMENTS